Who we are
Botanica Culture was founded in 2010 in Singapore, and incorporated into Botanica Culture International Pte. Ltd. in August 2013.
We are a team of chemists with over 25 years experience in big multinational chemical corporations. After witnessing so many harmful chemicals used by most care companies for their cosmetic, oral care, hair care products, we could not just keep silent. It is time to contribute and educate the consumers. We left the corporate life and devoted our life to search and develop alternatives care products which are safe and at the same time highly effective. We are tirelessly educating people about the risks and the dangers of being exposed to nasty chemicals. By helping them to understand the risks, it will enable them to make informed decisions.
We here at Botanica Culture International Pte. Ltd. believe that optimal health is a wonderful whole being experience. We started with Oral Botanica Classic, an organic liquid toothpaste. Why do we start with an oral care product? Because we believe: The mouth is the gate to overall health. After a successful launch of Oral Botanica Classic, we brought Oral Botanica Kids into the market. Oral Botanica Kids was developed to provide chemical free solution for the children’s teeth.
We are not stopping here, we are striving to develop care products which includes oral care, lip care, skin care and therapeutic organic essential oils. Many people have enjoyed the benefits of our products. Hearing the positive feedback from our customers is the most satisfactory experience for us.
We’re focusing our efforts on making products safe through so that we can avoid high health care cost. We choose our ingredients carefully, sourcing them from trustworthy and eco conscious companies. Our product development strategy is to bring the safest possible product in the market, otherwise we do not sell.
Our Commitments to Ethical Charter
IT IS IN OUR “DNA” … TO BE RESPONSIBLE !
Commitment to the health of consumers
• To use organic plant ingredients that are certified by ECOCERT® , Australian Certified Organic, USDA Organic as well as from wild harvest.
• To develop oral care and personal care products without chemicals, nor preservatives.
• To completely avoid the use of prohibited ingredients: sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS); sodium laureth sulfate; perfumes; PEG, PG, Fluoride, Petrochemical substances (silicon, paraffin, petrolatum, mineral oils); synthetic colors, aluminum; parabens; isopropylic alcohol; genetically modified organisms (GMO); phenoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, colors derived from coal tar (P-Phenylenediamine); dibuty; phthalate; formaldehyde donors; quarternium; Siloxanes; Triclosan and other synthetic chemicals.
• To educate and create awareness of dangerous substances to consumers
• To guarantee consumers transparancy and accurate information and effective communication regarding the formulas used and labeling of products.
Commitment to the planet
• We only use high quality organic plant ingredients that contribute to a balanced ecosystems and from sustainable resources.
• We carefully selected our suppliers who are certified and shared the same commitments.
• We guarantee products not tested on animals.
Commitment to high standard production
• We guarantee that no dangerous or contentious process is employed, such as: bleaching, irradiation, sulfonation, genetic manipulation (GMO), decontamination by ethylene oxide, use of mercury (soda and mercury potash), deterpenation, ethoxylation.
• We guarantee that our products do not come into contact with non-regulated products during production processes and storage.
• The entirely natural ingredients prevent bio-accumulation in ecosystems. Chemical products found in many traditional oral and other personal care products accumulate in the water creating the need for waste water treatment, which in turn requires more energy.
Commitments to society
Wonder why we use pouch? We are employing single mothers in a village in Indonesia to produce our pouches in order to enable them to send their children for a better education.
We are supporting the animal conservations in Thailand (Elephant Nature Park) by volunteering physically and by adopting the elephants.
The safest and the most effective personal care products? It is our passion!